LocationUAE, Jordan Online Training
Welcome to the Anger Management workshop. Benjamin Franklin once said, “In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” We would like to have a third item to his list: anger. Anger can be an incredibly damaging force, costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of hand. However, since everyone experiences anger, it is important to have constructive approaches to manage it effectively.
This workshop will help teach participants how to identify their anger triggers and what to do when their angry.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand anger dynamics in terms of the anger cycle and the fight and flight theory.
- Know common anger myths and their factual refutations.
- Know the helpful and unhelpful ways of dealing with anger.
- Know techniques in controlling anger, particular reading anger warning signs, using coping thoughts, exercising relaxation techniques and blowing off steam.
- Understand the difference between objective and subjective language.
- Know tips in identifying the problem.
- Express a feeling or position using I-messages.
- Know skills and techniques in making a disagreement constructive, including effective negotiation and solution-building.
- Reflect on one’s hot buttons and personal anger dynamics.
- Know alter, avoid and accept ways of responding to an anger-provoking situation.
- Understand the energy curve and how it can help in responding to someone else’s anger.